The Hair Extensions Edit
Advantages & disadvantages of hair extensions
You can easily fulfil your desire for beautiful, well-groomed hair thanks to our wide range of professional brands and sport luscious tresses in a fraction of the time.
It is, however, important to know what the advantages and disadvantages of hair extensions are before committing to them. We have summarised all the important facts in today's blog post.
1. Long hair in an instant
Our hair does not always grow at the rate that we would like it to, be it as a result of hereditary or external factors, such as overprocessing the hair with colour treatments or heat styling.
Hair extension has the advantage of adding length and body in a fraction of the time it would take for the hair to grow out to the desired length.
They are a great solution for bypassing the transition phase when growing out your hair. When applied professionally, extensions do not hinder natural hair growth or lead to damaged tresses.
2. Plenty of room for different styles
Naturally, short hair can be styled in various ways to underline your unique personality. However, longer hair does provide you with more options: curls, waves, updos, braids or sleek looks - there are no limits. If you want to be bold, opt for coloured strands that add a statement element to your overall look.
3. Human hair extensions for a natural finish and transition
In order to be able to feel completely comfortable with your newly won mane, the hair extension adhesions should be well hidden. A natural, beautiful finish is attainable when hair extensions are adhered to by trained professionals. Using natural hair extensions ensures that they are perfectly integrated into your natural mane. This also ensures a natural appearance.
There are a few downsides to using hair extensions that you may or may not be aware of. For some, the cost and extensive, ongoing maintenance of hair extensions can be an issue of concern.
Human hair strands should be used to achieve natural, long-wearing and professional results. A large number of strands may be required depending on the desired length and density of the final look - which can be rather expensive. However, the money invested in using high-quality human hair and ensuring that the services of a trained professional are used pays off in the long run. This guarantees that the extensions will last for a few months.
Another factor to keep in mind is that hair extensions require more maintenance. Not only does it take more time to wash, blow-dry and style longer hair, but it is vital that the proper products are used too. It is always advised to use hair care products and hair care tools specifically designed for hair extensions. This minimises the risk of damage to the bonds.
TYPES OF HAIR EXTENSIONS
There are various ways to go about choosing the type of hair extensions that suit your individual requirements: bonding, tape-in or clip-in extensions. Clip-in extensions are ideal for making changes to a hairstyle without great effort, for example, adding density and volume to updos or holiday hairstyles.
Bonding extensions are designed with keratin bonds that are attached to the natural hair using a hot fusion tool. This method is the best option out of the 3 methods that lasts the longest (up to 6 months). However, it is also the most expensive and the strands cannot be reused. Additionally, bonding extensions are not the best choice if you already suffer from damaged hair or have fine hair.
In contrast to bonding extensions, tape-in extensions can be reused and are attached using adhesive tape. The advantage of tape-ins is that they are also suitable for fine hair since the connection points are flat and not visible. Tape-ins usually last around 3 months.
Which hair extension method will you opt for?
GOOD TO KNOW: BEFORE AND AFTER
- Always opt for human hair extensions. These are usually sourced from India since the texture is similar to that of European hair. Be sure to look out for the "Indian Remy hair" label. The cuticle layer of this hair type is completely intact and has not been damaged by chemical processes.
- Do not use hair extensions if 1. the hair does not yet reach the occipital bone or 2. you are suffering from hair loss.
- Please note, the best results can only be achieved when utilising the services of trained professionals.
- Do not use conditioners, hair masks or oils prior to application.
- It is recommended not to wash the hair for 48 hours after application.
- Heating devices and tools should not come into contact with the bonds.
- Only use hair care products and brushes specifically designed for hair extensions.
- Never wash the hair in an upside-down position when wearing hair extensions to avoid unnecessary stress on the bonds. it is best to wash the hair in the shower in an upright position.
- Bonding hair extensions
- Made from real hair
- Classic & streaked shades
1005 (25 Pcs)€ 64,00(€ 2,56 / Pc)5.0 (1)
- Made with real human hair
- With double-sided adhesive tape
- Classic & highlighted colours
1B Black (6 Pcs)€ 67,18(€ 11,20 / Pc)5.0 (1)
3 Pcs€ 40,00(€ 13,33 / Pc)
- Ergonomic design
- With hard & soft bristles
- High-quality brush
1 Pc€ 12,00